What is Botox?
Botox is suggested by the cosmetic doctor to address the problem of dynamic wrinkles like forehead horizontal lines and eye’s crow’s feet. Botox is a botulinum toxin that is available in the purified form and is taken from bacteria. No doubt, it is one of those treatments which have been in use for quite a long time now to correct wrinkles.
Through botox injection, the nerve signals are blocked. These are blocked temporarily or you can say it is frozen. As these muscles are not moved, the presence of wrinkles will get soft or removed.
What are dermal fillers?
If you have thin lips and do not like them, then dermal fillers are the best choice for you. Dermal fillers are also known as soft tissue fillers which are injected beneath the surface which increases the skin volume and even the fullness. Different substances are used in dermal fillers and these are mentioned below:
- Calcium hydroxylapatite (type of mineral compound found in bones)
- Hyaluronic acid (present in body fluids and tissues which makes the skin plump).
- Polyalkylimide (Type of transparent gel that is compatible with the body)
- Polylactic acid (Which boost the collagen production in the skin)
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (PMMA), types of a semi-permanent filler
Each one of them mentioned above has different functioning to address the cosmetic issues a person has. In addition:
- How does it work?
- How long do they last?
Its functioning is going to be different which means some might last for months and some for years. Make sure that you discuss with the doctor what are your expectations and accordingly you should get the treatment.
How beneficial is botox?
Botox is suggested to the parents who want to address the wrinkles issue. These are also referred to as dynamic wrinkles and expression lines. The botox can perfectly address the wrinkles on:
- Upper face
- Between the brows ‘11’
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Horizontal lines on the forehead
All of these lines are caused due to frowning, smiling, squinting, and facial expressions. Keep in mind, botox is not the best option for:
- Finish line
- Wrinkles which occurs due to sagging
- Plumpness is decreased
The effect of botox will last for around 3 to 4 months. Talk to the doctor and understand better how it will work for you.
What is botox used for?
Dermal fillers are of different types and they are best to treat the aging signs. Depending on the filler you will choose, they will help in:
- Make your thin lips plump
- Improve or fill the shallow areas on the face
- Reduce the wrinkles which are present under the eyes due to lower eyelid
- Makes the recessed scars soft
- Address the lower face static wrinkles
Freeze’s muscles to stop wrinkles and creases. Present around the eyes, forehead, and upper face.
Use to fill in the plump areas and it helps in getting back the smoothness & voluminous. This addresses the wrinkles on the:
Last for 3 to 4 months
Results are different, depending on which filler is used.