Otoplasty or in simple words Ear Surgery can enhance the shape, position and appearance of the ear via eliminating the defects.
Defects caused by an unfortunate accident or present by birth both can be treated in an astonishing manner via Otoplasty.
Either protruding or disﬁgured ears
ear surgery can treat the issues and give a natural shape
to the ear while maintaining the proportion to other facial features. Correction to the small defects can also boost the self-esteem.
What is Normal?
- Ears must not appear protruding more than forty five degrees from the side of the head.
- Earring holes should be tiny.
- There must be no damage to the earlobe because of wearing accessories.
- The crease inside the ear is responsible of forming two branches, also this crease keeps upper portion of the year tilted back.
- Is your earlobes are disfigured due to wearing jewellery or accessories?
- Are your ears symmetric?
- Is your ear position satisfactory?
What to Expect From the Procedure
Medications are given at initial level for maintaining the comfort during the procedure. Your surgeon will determine the best type of anaesthesia as per your case.
In the second phase, correction of defects take place such as
- Protruding ears
- Increase the antihelical fold
- Reduce enlarged conchal cartilage
Incisions are made at the back side of the ear to remove the defects, if in any case it is necessary to make an incision in front, they are made inside the folds hidden. Internal dissolvable stitches are used to close the treated area.
Ear Surgery Recovery
After the surgery, discomfort can be felt, furthermore, it can be controlled with prescribed medications. Patient might also feel itchiness under the bandage but that is quite normal but patient is not advised to remove the bandages, if failed to do so infection may occur.
Our plastic surgeon will also discuss with you how your procedure will be performed. Type of the procedure you will go through, time of procedure and when you can go home everything will be told prior to the surgery.
- Persistent protrusion
- Infection of the cartilage (chondritis)
- Distortion of folds
Book your consultation today with world’s leaders in the sphere of cosmetic surgery.