The concept of liposuction is astonishingly simple yet effective. Liposuction is a surgical procedure, which helps in attaining, desired body shape by removing excess fat from the deposits that are located in-between skin and muscle, which are otherwise hard to lose with exercise. In this process a small stainless steel tube known as a cannula is inserted into the fat layer of skin, which is connected to a powerful pump capable of sucking fat out. The aim is to alter the body shape.Moreover, the results are long lasting, helping the patient to maintain healthy weight. It is quite safe and one of the most popular cosmetic procedures nowadays.
Liposuction technique is used to reduce localized fat deposits of the:
- Hips and buttocks
- Abdomen and waist
- Upper arms
- Inner knee
- Chest area
- Cheeks, chin and neck
- Calves and ankles
Have a look
around your body
- Do you have fat deposits at different areas of body which, furthermore, makes your fatty areas out of proportion as compared to the rest of your body?
- Can you hold & grasp the area in question (example your love handles) in a bundle in your hand?
- Even after dieting and exercise these fat deposits won’t go away?
- Do you have good skin elasticity?
If answer to above questions is yes, then liposuction can bring satisfying results for you.
The whole procedure is carried out under general anaesthetic agent.
Surgeon starts to break fat cells.
- After going through initial health tests, the procedure starts with marking your body area, where fat is to be removed.
- Surgeon injects a solution (mixture of anaesthetic and medication) in the focused area to reduce blood loss, swelling and bruising.
- With the help of following:-
- High-frequency vibrations
- A weak laser pulse
- High-pressure water jet
- Now this phase starts with making incisions and inserting a stainless suction tube attached with stablized vacuum machine.
- A surgeon moves the tube back and forth into the under layer of the skin to loosen it up and then sucks the fat out.
- Excess fluid is drained out.
- The treated area will get stitched and bandaged.
The whole procedure usually takes one to three hours. Most people need to stay in centre overnight.
You will be advised to take care of the compression bandages that will help in reducing swelling and bruising. Compression tights are advised to be worn constantly four weeks after the procedure. Moreover, the patient will be expected to take antibiotics to reduce risk of infection.Also as per the situation, painkillers can be taken for comfort.
- It usually takes near about 12 – 15 days for full recovery.
- After about a week: Stitches would be removed.
- After six weeks: You should be able to restart any sports activities you were doing prior to the procedure.
- If you feel curious to know more about liposuction then book your consultation today with best of our surgeons and they will answerall your queries.
After the surgery your abdomen wrapped with the elastic bandage or compression garments to cover the stitches and minimize swelling. These also work as a support. In some cases thin tubes are left inside the skin on temporary basis to drain excess blood, fluid that might have collected during the procedure.
The results will start to appear after 4 to 5 weeks simultaneously swelling & bruising will fade away.