Breast Lift Surgery
Mastopexy or in simple words breast lift surgery is a procedure in which the overall shape of the breasts is altered by removing excess fat tissues, resulting into youthful looking rejuvenated breasts.
A woman’s breast may face changes over time due to following reasons.
- Symmetric Breasts appear good however generally left side is larger than right.
- Average volume is either B or C cup.
- The breasts commonly reach the sixth rib.
- Overly large breasts can be a problem.
- Areola usually takes one-third of the breast surface.
- Is the breast bulkiness and position adequate?
- Do you feel back-pain from breast mass?
- Are there any stretch marks because of increase in breast size?
Prior to the Surgery
- Surgeon would ask for medical tests to assure safety of the procedure.
- New medications will be prescribed and current medicines adjusted.
- Avoid smoking.
- Inform surgeon about the drugs you have been taking.
- Arrange someone to drive you off to home as you will be unable to drive for at-least 1 week.
Breast Lift Procedure
The Breast Lift procedure can include an array of incision patterns. Your surgeon will determine the best one for you depending on your case and following aspects:-
- The size and position of your areolas
- Breast size and shape
- The amount of breast sagging
- Skin quality and elasticity
The procedure is done under Local Anaesthesia or Sedation. Now incisions are made as per your aesthetic goals and possibilities. After making the incisions doctor starts shaping the breasts.
- The underlying breast tissue is reshaped to improve breast firmness.
- The nipples are repositioned.
- Excess breast skin is removed to eliminate sagging breasts skin.
After removing excess tissues and reshaping breasts the incisions are closed with small stitches and the treated area is wrapped with dressings until the wound is mature.
- As the recovery bandages will be applied on the treated area, post-operative results won’t be visible.
- After the surgery the bandages will be removed within 4-5 days.
- You will be prescribed to wear sports bra to quick heal and support the breasts.
- A small tiny tube might be attached to the breasts after the treatment to drain away excess fluids, these tubes will be removed on the next follow-up day.